Sunday, November 28, 2010

Analysis: Ben only responds to emails from white males

This is rather off topic but I am a quite the news junkie. I love to write letters to editors and journalists because I think it keeps them on their toes. I am rather cordial in my correspondence and 9 times out of 10 I received a friendly response back from journalists even if I disagree with their points. That has not happened with Ben . I asked a few friends(all of whom are non-minorities) to email him as they also like to engage with those that report the news and of the eight of us, only the white men got responses. I do not like to throw the R-word around but it is a bit disturbing that someone in such a high profile position is a sexist and a racist.

Furthermore, if you look at Ben's daytime website, he rarely features photos of women but primarily features photos of white men. There are plenty of women politicians that he could feature and he has chosen not to. I sent Ben an email asking him for comment before I wrote this and he has not gotten back to me.

If he decides that he wants to respond, I will make an update to the post.

I just thought that everyone should know.

4 comments:

  1. All of you identified your race and gender in emails? That seems sorta strange doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I do not like to throw the R-word around"

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reasonable?

    Rational?

    Responsible reporting?

    (Being) right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eloise called me a rabbler. Maybe that's the R-word Tina's referring to.

    ReplyDelete