Friday, December 3, 2010

Analysis: Following 657 on twitter, only 5 are black

This took awhile but the numbers are in and they are pathetic. On twitter, in America, Ben could only muster 5 black people to follow. Please recall that this is a "journalist" and that 14% of the population is African-American. It should also be noted that a preliminary analysis found that he follows only 8 latinos.

I have emailed him for comment and have not received a response. If Ben is inclined to respond, I will gladly post his response.

1 comment:

  1. seriously?

    Tina, Eloise has pretty much given up the Ben-bashing and her posts have only improved because of it. I would suggest you follow her lead.

    I don't even know what to say about this post. I'm both in awe of and in shock of the fact that you spent who knows how many hours clicking through he follows on Twitter. That edges on obsession if you ask me.

    Not to mention the obvious question of how you went about determining races seeing as how many people don't have their photos as their twitter account's photo (and the added ridiculousness of attempting to categorize race into the broad categories you love so much).

    Thank you, this is one of the most ridiculous things I've read recently.

    ReplyDelete