Saturday, December 5, 2009

SAVING DITMAS PARK

Last week I and three other local residents spent a few hours talking with various business owners along Cortelyou about the influx of white racist yuppies. We encouraged them to boycott Ditmas Park Blog and in particular Liena and Ben.

The response was positive. One minority business owner complained about how his rent has gone up and he knows its because of the new people moving in. He said its as if his landlord wants him to fail so that some other business can move in. Of course he is right with the help of the writers at Ditmas Park blog.

Another lady who works at a hair salon complained about how the new people come into her shop to complain about how they need to fix the place up and make it modern. The hair salon is clean but it is run by minorities which of course these people equate "old" and "dirty" with. The lady took our flier and said she would be willing to boycott them. She also recommended a neighborhood group for the minority business owners to combat the gentrification that directly impacts their livelihoods.

We hope to make this a once a month "protest" in which we get out and talk with business owners. In the meantime, I and others will be doing our little part to expose Ditmas Park Blog and the writers, Liena and Ben who seek to ruin our area. One neighbor told me that they don't pay their taxes. I will be following up.*

*Ed. note: We apparently have some pro-gentrification folks who want to cause trouble. As I stated in the comments section I do not know if the writers at Ditmas Park blog owe back taxes. A neighbor claims that they do. Do I believe the neighbor's claim? I really do not know and would have to do my own investigation. I don't even know their last names so I really couldn't verify at one point or another right now. At this point, as far as I know (remember who said that?) they pay their taxes just like everyone else until proven otherwise.

It is obvious that someone or a group of folks are trying to silence another minority voice in the neighborhood. After being shot rubber pellets at (and still have the scars to prove it) and thrown to the ground after participating in civil rights protests decades ago, this is nothing.

I will not be silenced.

2 comments:

  1. "One neighbor told me that they don't pay their taxes. I will be following up."

    Excellent...
    A libel suit.
    Good job "Eloise".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I say they didn't pay their taxes? No, I did not.

    I stated that I would be following up. Each and every citizen of this country has a right to report if someone is failing to pay their taxes if they have enough evidence to back up their claims. It happens all the time.

    It is quite rich that you post as "anonymous." Why not come out and say who you are if you are so bent on attacking me?

    Be a man or woman and stop hiding behind "anonymous."

    You will no longer be able to do so as I have changed the comment features.

    ReplyDelete