Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Vindication for Ben and Lena?

A commenter over at Ditmas Park Blog claims that everyone's favorite duo are the reason that crime has evidently dropped in the neighborhood. I haven't been around as I have been dealing with my daughter out in California but I really find it hard to believe that these two pasty white people are the reason why crime has stopped. Did they use their powers to round up all the black and hispanics in the neighborhood and then said, "crime has stopped!" I am so sick and tired of white people thinking that they can save everyone. You can't. In many ways you are the problem.

As The Real Flatbush points out, they supposedly "moderate" their comments. The only moderation they do is purging blacks from the comment section.

4 comments:

  1. You are a seriously deranged and ugly person. It's obvious you are looking for a perverse constituency, much like Sarah Palin. Instead, because you think your smarter than you are, you're going to go over the line, and you're going to end up in a defamation lawsuit facing a big fat money judgment, which you will not be able to discharge in bankruptcy. I hope the Dimas Park Blog people chase your every dollar you have, and then you'll really be able to identify with the underclass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-

    I am a neighbor of Beverly and Tina and also a a member of their book club. I am also a non practicing attorney. There is such a thing as free speech. These women are not dumb and I do not think they have crossed any lines.

    I actually enjoy reading their views as well as Ditmas Park Blog's views. I do not agree with much of what is said over at Ditmas Park Blog but I harbor no animosity. If there was something that crossed a line, I am sure someone would have piped up by now. Also, Ditmas Park Blog actually published the name of Beverly and her address before quickly deleting it from their webstie yet, Beverly has not done the same to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sent you another email a couple of days ago.

    Oh that awful JMart and his sidekick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen S said...I am a neighbor of Beverly and Tina and also a a member of their book club. I am also a non practicing attorney. There is such a thing as free speech.

    You are not much of an attorney if you do not know the difference between Free Speech defined by the First Amendment and the concept of Libel, which is the appropriate issue here.

    Bottom line -- inasmuch as the two operators of the Ditmas Park blog are "public figures", they are exposed to the slings and arrows of those they upset. However, even public figures have a right to legal redress when they are WRONGLY accused of committing a heinous crime.

    You wrote:

    These women are not dumb and I do not think they have crossed any lines.

    Actually, they are dumb, but they probably do not cross their "t"s or dot their "i"s.

    ReplyDelete