Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"If you can't take care of your kids, don't have any."

That is the English version of what my mother told my siblings and me when we were about to start our families. I always sort of scratch my head when I read about white women not knowing what to do with their children and then shelling out hundreds of dollars to get someone to do what they should know how to do themselves. Take the owner of Ditmas Park Blog who writes up about how a Freda Rosenfeld (no, not everyone in the neighborhood knows her) came to help her because it was so painful to breast feed her children. Lady, take my mother's words to heart.

I guess if you can afford it and are too much of a certain kind of princess(blacks and browns know what I am talking about) to deal with the pain of childbirth and being a parent, maybe it isn't so bad. Yes, your children will cause you pain but you will love them regardless. Deal with it. For the rest of us peasants, it's called an ice pack.

*Apologies for all the back to back postings.

1 comment: