Saturday, February 6, 2010

DitmasParkBlog ignores local black historymakers

Hi all! Well, my surgery was a success and I have just been at home recovering. My children bought me a new laptop as a welcome home gift with a little web camera so that I can keep in touch visually with everyone. It was a nice welcome home present. Thanks to those that sent well wishes to me from the neighborhood and who also kept me current on what was going on with what the gentrification crew over at DitmasParkBlog. I am quite a bit sore but it is to be expected. The doctor expects me to make a full recovery and I will now have more frequent doctor appointments. I guess being married to a doctor all of these years made me feel immune to worrying about such things. I recommend that everyone, especially African-Americans get regular checkups. The Lord wants us to take care of ourselves!

Anyway, while catching up on what was going on, DitmasParkBlog seems to be celebrating gays and lesbians and not African-Americans. It is after all black history month. Would it kill them to honor those history makers in our neighborhood? Of course it would. They hate minorities. I am not going to do the work that they should be doing by pointing out those African-Americans in Ditmas Park who are worthy of being celebrated this month.

Shame on them!

5 comments:

  1. "I am not going to do the work that they should be doing by pointing out those African-Americans in Ditmas Park who are worthy of being celebrated this month."

    You rail against DPB but cannot support Black History Month yourself.
    Can you spell;
    H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xris,

    They are advertising a gay and lesbian event. When DitmasParkBlog is asked to advertise African-American events, they refuse.

    If they were interested in celebrating Black History month they would ask some of the long-time residents but they won't because they don't give a hoot. I am sure readers would be interested in knowing that a prominent New York City African-American Economist and Labor Arbitrator raised his six children in Victorian Flatbush. In fact, his wife founded the first Brooklyn chapter of Jack and Jill America, Inc. One of his children still lives in the family house. I could go on about other African-American history makers in the neighborhood but I don't want to help them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eloise wrote:

    "It is after all black history month. Would it kill them to honor those history makers in our neighborhood?"

    There aren't any.

    You wrote:

    "I am sure readers would be interested in knowing that a prominent New York City African-American Economist and Labor Arbitrator raised his six children in Victorian Flatbush."

    A black labor arbitrator? Sounds about as interesting as a black subway motorman.

    You wrote:

    "In fact, his wife founded the first Brooklyn chapter of Jack and Jill America, Inc."

    A chapter of Jack & Jill? That rates about as high as starting a local den of Cub Scouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Local black history makers. Yvette Clarke, a woman so dumb she lied to voters about graduating from college. She said she FORGOT she had not graduated. But told voters she had.

    Kevin Parker? Another credit to his race. Was Sonny Carson from this area?

    ReplyDelete