Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Revealing my "source."

Below is a reprint of the email that I received from my source, her real name is Jamilah which I confirmed long ago. I have redacted her roommates name.

Hi Beverly,

Funny, I got an email from my ex-roommate XXXXX today yelling at me about how she is getting threats on her life. Whatever. I look at it as Karma for what she did to me. Anyway, I am so sorry to hear about what is happening to you and that you had to reveal yourself on your blog. Doesn't it feel a bit refreshing? lol. This is no surprise to me as this is what Liena and Ben do. As I stated to you in my very first email to you way back when, I along with my roommate were avid readers of political blogs during the campaigns. My roommate did some work for the Obama campaign back in 2008 and has since enrolled in law school. Her boyfriend and my now ex-boyfriend were very good friends until they had a falling out. My ex was abusive and XXXXX who needed help covering her rent offered me to room with her as I was attending John Jay College which was right around the corner from her place at the time. I didn't finish at John Jay because of personal issues and have been moving around until I find the right place. I think Atlanta might be it.

Back to Ben and Liena. Firstly, I and XXXXX used to write letters to the editor of various news organizations. XXXXX often got published because she is quite eloquent and argues her points well with always a bit of clever wit. Although we are not friends any more she is a very smart person. Google XXXXX and you will see that she was involved in a landmark lawsuit out in XXXXX for those with learning disabilities. She did all of that on her own with very little money and I admired that in a friend as she was a go-getter. It is unfortunate that we are no longer friends and she blames me for all of her woes.

Anyway, in regards to the letter writing I was nasty in my letters and often emotional which is probably why I never got published. lol. but as I showed you from my emails I NEVER threatened either of them. XXXXX stopped writing emails to everyone after the campaign ended but I didn't. I think it was because of her new man(friend of my ex) who occupied most of her time and school. Sometime last year over the summer two detectives came to XXXXX door. She apparently panicked because she called me immediately screaming about how she is going to law school and how I was trying to ruin her life before it ever began. She went on and on about how the cops told her that they were going to arrest her and she was in tears. She blamed me for everything. I mean everything. She was even willing to give them her computer to prove that she had done nothing wrong. She should know better as a law student not to hand over everything. How naive. I told her to relax and that they were just trying to scare her. She obviously didn't believe me as a few days later I get a visit from the police at my Aunt XXXXX's house. In addition, she asked me, no she demanded that I leave her place. I could have been evil and told her landlords that she was illegally subletting her place in a co-op but I didn't. I was a good friend. Wish I could say the same about her.

So back to Ben and Liena. Ben is a troll. A serious troll at that. Also, another writer at his day job sent me salacious emails for over a year. I'll admit that I started to develop a thing for him even though he was white and we were supposed to hookup but shit when you send someone emails at 11pm at night unitiated what does one expect? Yeah, I kept them all and plan to keep them to myself because again I don't kiss and tell. It is a shame that because he didn't like a few negative emails to him that he went all crazy and caused XXXXXX and me agony. Be careful of them. Take a screenshot of everything that they post about you and save all of your emails. The ranting about you today was to most likely get at me. They know damn well that you never threatened them and that you live in the area. And I should add an amazing pad. Wow.

You stay true to yourself. You are an inspiration.

All the best,

Jamilah

2 comments:

  1. This post makes no sense...it is a rant. I love a good rant if it follows reason at some point....this rant has no point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just reprinted her email. That is all. She thinks that the owners of Ditmas Park Blog are out to get her. It is a shame.

    ReplyDelete