Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tidbits

I have been getting quite a few emails from people since my last posting a few hours ago. Instead of responding to each email with the same responses I am posting some answers that I think will be helpful:

  1. I have no problem making this a place where minority businesses are promoted. In fact since I frequent them I will do that in the near future. Contrary to popular opinion I have in fact discussed minority businesses in the past. Before I was banned from Ditmas Park Blog I sent the co-owners several emails about minority businesses for them to list who could use all the exposure they can get. I got not a single response and there were no postings on their blog. That is one of the main reasons why I decided to start my blog because of their blatant bias.
  2. I would be more than willing to go to the next gallery opening Kris and will introduce myself. I apologize if you were offended.
  3. As for Jamilah's email. What can I say. That was only one of a few that she has sent me and no, I will not disclose who she mentioned as working with the co-owner of Ditmas Park Blog that she is referring to. I have seen one email and that is all that I will say. I seem to be getting several emails about that one. Kind of nosy aren't we folks? From my speaking with her those emails caused her to at one point want to take her own life. She speaks about how if it weren't for the kindness of myself and others she probably wouldn't be here today. Shame on Ditmas Park Blog and their day employers. We can always find someone to talk to may it be strangers or god for guidance. I am glad that I was able to help and she seems like she is doing well down south.

2 comments:

  1. Even in this redemptive post you say someone almost "committed suicide"...blame a blog...and if it weren't for you, she'd not be here. That ugliness and painting yourself as a martyr will not endear people to this blog. It will put a lot of people off.

    Start to post about the neighborhood and resist the urge to say "unlike DP blog" or "if it wasn't for DP blog." Don't mention them anymore. Really, it sounds like a lot of vitriol.
    Call a truce...let it go (you'll be a bigger person, but do you have it in you to do that?) and maybe I'll come back to see if you post minority businesses.
    Otherwise I feel this is destructive to the neighborhood as a whole.
    Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your apology, Eloise. I find it baffling that you found a creative women's networking event offensive -- my intention was to provide opportunities for *all* women to empower themselves, regardless of class, race, or income. If you had recently visited the gallery, you'd also be aware that our current exhibit is about goddesses from all cultures and races around the world. Also, were you aware that our first gallery event was a Barack Obama fundraiser?

    To characterize the many people who visit my gallery as wives of an extremely offensive racist group (which I cannot even bring myself to name) is deeply unfair and inaccurate as well as hurtful.

    Again, wishing you peace.

    ReplyDelete