Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yes, I am Beverly E(Eloise) Roberts

I got several links to a post on Ditmas Park Blog today in which the co-owner slanders me and I have been forced to reveal my true identity. I do not live in Manhattan but my husband has his doctor's office there. Until I was diagnosed with cancer I would often go in two or three times a week at his office to do the accounting and other things. My official title there was "Office Manager."

As a result of the outing I have withdrawn myself from a couple of the groups that I have been a part of for many decades here in Brooklyn. In addition, because of the harassment by Ditmas Park Blog's co-owners, my long standing catalog contract with West Elm, Pottery Barn, and Williams Sonoma (all of the same company I should add) has been severed, "effective immediately." It is a shame that one cannot have their own website without fear of being harassed and bothered. The first amendment grants me the freedom to write this blog about my beloved neighborhood. Yes, I do live here and no I will not give out my address as I have been harassed enough. I would like to say that I am in one of the many beautiful homes in which I have been criticized for my choice of paint color. Get over it. As to the co-owner claiming that I harassed her and threatened her life while she was pregnant? That is the most absurd and slanderous thing I have ever heard of. I only saw her once in public on Cortelyou with her two kids and what I am assuming was a friend and that was after another neighbor pointed her out to me. No words were exchanged. Also, I am pro-life. I have never bothered or even spoken to her or the other writers in person.

I would also like to point out that the harassment of my family and I started after I interviewed a young lady who used to live in Manhattan and described to me her fear of the co-owners of Ditmas Park blog. She found my blog and wanted to share her story. I was more than willing to oblige. She claimed that her then roommate had been harassed by the police as a result of the co-owners of the blog and that her then roommate turned her over to the police where she claims she was grilled for three hours at her aunt's home in Brooklyn. She blames the co-owners of the blog for the termination of the friendship she had with her roommate. This young lady said that once the cops came to her then-roommates place, her then roommate kicked her out and she was homeless for awhile. She provided detailed emails to me proving that she did nothing wrong. I recently spoke with this young lady who is currently living in Atlanta as she asked me for a doctor recommendation as my husband is a surgeon and knows people down in Georgia.

As for the criticism leveled at me, I did not send any email to anyone regarding Ditmas Park Blog and no I am not affiliated with the other minority owned blog that doesn't like Ditmas Park Blog. Why would I do that? I am not stupid and I have two children who are attorneys and I actually submit my blog postings to them before I publish them for review. Yes, you read that right. There is a reason why I usually post late at night as I often have to wait for one of my kids who do not live in the state to give me the "ok" on my blog posts. They do not necessarily approve of what I am writing but it is clearly vetted. As for "The Real Flatbush" we haven't even so much as exchanged emails nor even met. I think what he is doing is actually commendable and well within his first amendment rights. Ditmas Park Blog has no right or reason to bother either of us.

Finally, if they think this will get me to stop blogging about them, forget it.

1 comment:

  1. You wrote:

    "The first amendment grants me the freedom to write this blog about my beloved neighborhood."

    The First Amendment protects you from government interference. But private citizens who think you are a nitwit are another matter. They are free to share their views too.

    You wrote:

    She claimed that her then roommate had been harassed by the police as a result of the co-owners of the blog and that her then roommate turned her over to the police where she claims she was grilled for three hours at her aunt's home in Brooklyn."

    Yikes. Brooklyn is becoming the borough of Paranoids.

    ReplyDelete