Thursday, April 1, 2010

Email of the Day

I spoke with Ben who said that you are some crazy chick living in Manhatttan who for whatever reason has a grudge against him and the blog. Is this true? Did he do something to you?


That is absurd and downright slanderous. I first of all live in Brooklyn and would be more than happy to provide in private my phone number and street address to a legit person. Second, god doesn't hold grudges and nor do I. I am simply looking out for the best interest of my neighborhood. I really do not understand what his problem is. No one is forcing him to read my blog. If he is so bothered by me don't click. It is not as if I am the only person with a blog who doesn't like his. Notice that he isn't picking on The Real Flatbush which is hosted by a male. I've never made any threats to harm him or his wife so I do not understand what his problem is. For some reason he has chosen to pick on an African-American lady. In a very creepy way he reminds me of this white guy that my daughter dated. I blame myself everyday for what happened to her for if I was a bit tougher she probably would have never dated him and would probably be alive today. He was never happy with her. He was always spying on her and controlling her. He always had to know what she was doing and when at all times. She became anorexic because of his constant demands that she lose weight. Constant nagging and bothering. He didn't even bother to show up to her funeral. Just an awful person. I blame myself everyday for what happened as a mother is supposed to protect their child.

To answer the questions: yes, I live in Brooklyn, no I do not have a grudge against the Ditmas Park blog and it's owners, and yes I will continue to write about their racism as I see it. It is a free country and I am well within my legal rights to write this blog so long as I have not made any threats against anyone which I have never done.

5 comments:

  1. Just a thought Eloise,

    I understand that this may be tough to hear, but have you considered that your anger towards this obviously malicious former boyfriend of your daughter's is the cause of your fear? Honestly, this makes sense from a purely psychological viewpoint. While it's not a pleasant revelation, the first step in rectifying any disparities you may have with the white race is acknowledging your feeling's origins.

    You say you blame yourself for this sad event. And I understand your protective desire for your child. There are two ways to address this feeling.

    1) You can seek redemption by hunting down "threats" to you from people who, while not in any way related to the man you speak of, represent what he has become to represent to you; aggressive whites taking your daughter (neighborhood). Unfortunately, this behavior never results in rectifying the past. Nor does it function as any form of consolation. Instead, it leads to a path of hatred, resentment, and above all fear.

    2) Accept. Accept that your daughter is gone. Accept that this crime was done by a lone individual, someone who does not represent anyone but themself. Accept this neighborhood as it was, as is, as it will be.


    What do you hope to accomplish by slanderizing DPB? Like all neighborhoods, brooklyn in particular, Ditmas Park has changed, is changing, and will continue to change. We mustn't get caught up in anger about change as it only isolates and freezes us in a time that no longer exists.

    My father died when I was young. My mother remarried and for a long time I was angry. I was angry at this man and I was angry at anyone that reminded me of him. In time however, with much struggle, I learned to accept him. He was not a replacement, nor was he out to harm me. He was merely something new, neither better or worse. My father was gone, just as the neighborhood you grew up in is gone, and it's time to discover in the new the parts that make you happy.

    It's easy to blame. It's easy to condemn. It's much harder to accept.

    Just an aside, you've taken the time to address anonymous posters with discenting remarks. You've posted personally hateful emails that were sent to you but have not responded to mine, which was not incindiary or sarcastic but merely curious.

    What do you want Eloise? Now that you're daughter (neighborhood) is gone, what positive steps can you take in your life by embracing change, for better or worse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh,

    I really do not need you analyzing me.

    As for your email, unless you sent it under another name I have yet to see it. I have been getting quite a bit of email. Mostly hate mail so it may have gotten mixed up when I was deleting. You are more than welcome to resend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eloise,

    As I said, these thoughts will not be easy to swallow. Resistence is a natural reaction, I know.

    I am not asking that you agree or disagree with what I wrote, just ponder looking into where your strong feelings come from. You might uncover some raw emotions that have festered. You might discover nothing. I don't know.

    I do know that your last post was unlike any other you have written. And that within it are nuggets of self-evaluation, self-pity, and self-sacrifice and above all fear. These ideas have to be pursued. They will harden you into a stone.


    I resent my email. The subject is "it's josh. This is the email" Thank you for responding to me and addressing my email. I look forward to future discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm. I should have taken a moment to proofread my last post. A few minor typos:

    The third paragraph should end with "If not, they will harden you into a stone."

    And I do not resent my email, instead I re-sent it.

    whoops

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete